Sunday, February 10, 2008

50th GRAMMY Award Predictions

The Grammy's are always entertaining. Because music is one of my number one priorities, I thought I should probably take interest in the winners and losers of this past year. The only problem I see with my predictions is that I don't really care what is popular or on the radio...so, the artists I have chosen to win each category have been picked because I like them, no other reason. I also narrowed down the categories to the most important ones. I have included the other nominees in case you would like to make your predictions as well. (my predictions are italicized)

Record of the Year
-Irreplaceable, Beyonce
-The Pretender, Foo Fighters
-Umbrella, Rihanna
-What Goes Around…Comes Around, Justin Timberlake
-Rehab, Amy Winehouse

Album of the Year
-Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, Foo Fighters
-These Days, Vince Gill
-River: The Joni Letters
-Graduation, Kanye West
-Back to Black, Amy Winehouse

Song of the Year
-Before He Cheats, Carrie Underwood’s songwriters
-Hey There Delilah, Plain White T’s songwriter
-Like A Star, Corinne Bailey Rae
-Rehab, Amy Winehouse
-Umbrella, Rihanna’s songwriters

Best New Artist
-Feist
-Ledisi
-Paramore
-Taylor Swift
-Amy Winehouse

Best Femal Pop Vocal Performance
-Candyman, Christina Aguilera
-1234, Feist
-Big Girls Don’t Cry, Fergie
-Say It Right, Nelly Furtado
-Rehab, Amy Winehouse

Best Male Pop Vocal Performance
-Everything, Michael Buble
-Belief, John Mayer
-Dance Tonight, Paul McCartney
-Amazing, Seal
-What Goes Around…Comes Around, Justin Timberlake

Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals
-(You Want To) Make A Memory, Bon Jovi
-Home, Daughtry
-Makes Me Wonder, Maroon 5
-Hey There Delilah, Plain White T’s
-Window In The Skies, U2

Best Pop Collboration With Vocals
-Steppin’ Out, Tony Bennett & Christina Aguilera
-Beautiful Liar, Beyonce & Shakira
-Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On), Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
-The Sweet Escape, Gwen Stefani & Akon
-Give It To Me, Timbaland

Best Pop Vocal Album
-Lost Highway, Bon Jovi
-The Reminder, Feist
-It Won’t Be Soon Before Long, Maroon 5
-Memory Almost Full, Paul McCartney
-Back To Black, Amy Winehouse

Best Alternative Music Album
-Alright, Still…, Lily Allen
-Neon Bible, Arcade Fire
-Volta, Bjork
-Wincing The Night Away, The Shins
-Icky Thump, The White Stripes

Best Rap Album
-Finding Forever, Common
-Kingdom Come, Jay-Z
-Hip Hip Is Dead, Nas
-T.I. vs T.I.P., T.I.
-Graduation, Kanye West

Best Soundtrack Compilation Album
-Across The Universe
-Dreamgirls
-Hairspray
-Love
-Once

I would also like to see Patty Griffin take the Folk/Americana Album award, and Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova definitely deserve the Best Song written For Motion Picture for “Falling Slowly”.

Good luck to all the artists.

P.S. Praise and hallelujah's to the writer's strike being over!

No comments: