Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't do drugs, kids.

Let me tell you about my day.

First of all, I think this is the first haircut I love the first time around, which is surprising because I am a hard one to please when it comes to the 'do'. It is super short (to me), but I like it. It's weird not being able to pull it back...

Secondly, I was surprised to see a healthy two-year old that was born at 25 weeks (that's 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...14 weeks early) because his mom was 18, doing meth and pot. She was very open with all this information. But the saddest part was that she could not remember details about her little guy's hospital stay because she was STILL USING at the time of his birth. Luckily, she went through a rehab program and got it together after that. The kid has normal hearing. Hallelujah.

Next: a three-year-old may or may not have told me that his parents are going to kill me. Yeah, he repeated it three or four times, "My parents are going to kill you" and then proceeded to kick me. Fantastic. Now mind you, I am just trying to play a simple hearing game with the kid, not torturing him with pins and needles. His mom, sitting right next to us, didn't do anything...It makes you wonder what he will grow up to be like. I don't want to be there to find out.

Lastly, I travelled to Provo with some cool people for some great Mexican food and a little concert. I had to remind myself numerous times that I was, in fact, in Provo...the people watching was at an all-time high at Velour. I never thought I would see THOR dressed in embroidered jeans and a pink scarf. FANTASTIC.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

i want to see your haircut! post pictures, please please!