Monday, January 28, 2008

Way to go.

The week has started. It couldn't have been more perfect. Changing my tire at work while hurricane winds froze my face off was how it all began. Yes, I had a flat. Yes, I drove on it all the way to work (which is probably only about 3 miles). Yes, it ruined my almost brand new tire. Yes, I am pretty much an idiot. But I redeemed myself by previously purchasing some sort of certificate that gives me a replacement tire for FREE. That was exciting.

Changing that tire was half the battle. Getting home from the tire store proved to be more difficult than expected. As the hurricane winds starting spitting out snow I began to worry about how I was going to get back to work and if that gigantic bowling pin sign would come crashing down, making this a much more exciting story than it really is. But it didn't and I was left to deal with getting back up to Sugarhouse with my plastic car and no power whatsoever, sliding every which way.

So, here I am, safe at home, unable to drive to work, and contemplating why the hell I live in a place where it snows. I mean, is Utah really worth it? I am doubtful.

2 comments:

stephanielynn said...

You were right last night about the hurricane coming! Sorry about the crappy morning. I hate flat tires!

Lindsay Jane said...

Ummm...I know just the place where it hardly ever snows.....