Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am opposed.

I am opposed to people coming to the gym in everyday clothes. Okay, yes, I applaud them for even making it to the gym, but really? you have no other clothes but your jeans and hiking boots to work out in? that just amazes me. I wonder if it's out of pure convenience: they don't have to change before OR after their workout session. Or maybe it's because they just don't have any money to buy gym shorts and a simple t-shirt. Hell, some people don't even wear a t-shirt. Five bucks at wal-mart will get you an outfit, I promise.

I'm not trying to be shallow. I don't expect high-end sweat suits and matching shoes. In fact, that's another blog on it's own. I just think you should have separate clothes for sweating profusely in. It just makes sense.

2 comments:

stephanielynn said...

Agreed. Not only are they sweating in their everyday clothes, but what about comfort? I don't know about you, but the thought of denim rubbing on my chubby thighs as I jog on the treadmill is not appealing.

cds said...

double up, amen.